BLS for Healthcare Providers - Skills Class Only
This course is intended for those who work or volunteer in a healthcare setting and are seeking a renewal of their BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card.
Students complete the online learning portion (Part 1) of BLS for Healthcare Providers training via the American Heart Association website through a series of self-paced online modules. Students answer short multiple-choice questions within case-based scenarios, and receive feedback based on their answers, to proceed through 10 critical check points. Your online Certification must be presented to the instructor at the skills assessment in order to proceed with the practice testing. Tri-City Medical Center considers the skills portion (Part 2) a challenging course for those whom are proficient in CPR. There is no skills remediation during Part 2.
Steps to Obtain Your BLS Card:
Part 1: Online Learning Portion (approximately 1.5 - 2 hours)
- Purchase and complete the "BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1 course through the American Heart Association website at www.OnlineAHA.org.
- Print the Part 1 completion certificate. The Part 1 certificate is valid for 60 days from the date of completion.
Part 2: Skills Assessment (approximately 1 hour)
- Sign up for a specific date and time to complete your skills assessment.
- You must bring the Part 1 completion certificate and picture identification to your skills assessment, or you will not be allowed to complete the skills testing.
- If you have any problems printing your certificate, please contact the Education Department prior to your testing date.
- You will be practicing skills that require working on the floor and having hands-on contact with the mannequins and fellow students. If you have any physical conditions that might prevent these activities, please notify the Education Department at 760-940-3100.
Upon successful completion of Parts 1 and 2, you will be issued an AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card, valid for two years.
Registration and Fees
Registration and payment are required in advance.
Standard Skills Only Course Fee: $30.00
TCMC Employee refundable deposit: $25.00
Enroll Monday through Friday from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. in the Education Department, or call 760-940-3100.