The American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Instructor Course will allow candidates to teach Healthcare Provider, Heartsaver, and Family and Friends courses. Through the computer based DVD Core Instructor Course, the candidate will improve their instructional skills which will provide a foundation for the one day classroom course. This course will prepare the candidate to use the course videos, lesson maps and testing material.
Prerequisite for BLS Instructor Candidates:
- Must have a current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider card
- Must have the commitment to teach four (4) courses in a two year period in accordance with the AHA guidelines
- Must have a letter of recommendation, at the time of registration, from someone that believes you have the potential to become an instructor, e.g., teacher, employer, co-worker
- Must complete and email the attached Instructor Candidate Application to Liz Fleming @ FlemingEM@TCMC.com at least three (3) weeks prior to the course date
- Must complete the core instructor course modules before the start of the instructor course
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a two year AHA BLS Instructor Course Completion Card.
Cost: $200.00 - includes ECC Core Instructor Course Manual and DVD. (Information to purchase additional materials will be available during the course.)
Cancellation Policy: Your course fee will be forfeited if you do not give the Education Department at least one week's notice of cancellation.
The course will begin promptly at the time stated. If you arrive more than fifteen (15) minutes after the course start time, you will not be admitted and will forfeit the course fee.
Enroll Monday through Friday from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. in the Education Department, 760-940-3100.