Sponsors / CRO / Professionals
Tri-City Medical Center, located in Southern California, is a district hospital that serves the North San Diego County cities of Carlsbad, Oceanside and Vista, as well as surrounding areas. TCMC is a full-service healthcare facility, offering comprehensive medical care. The hospital is community owned and operated, with 397 beds and more than 500 Medical Staff physicians.
Tri-City Medical Center physicians and staff are dedicated to delivery of superb healthcare for both inpatients and outpatients. Our ultimate goal is to provide top quality care; along with this comes the responsibility of bringing cutting-edge technology and treatment options for our patients. To achieve this, we have a multitude of clinical research studies that make it possible to bring leading-edge technologies to the bedside.
Annually, Tri-City Medical Center has more than 20 investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored IRB active protocols, including adult Phase I-IV clinical studies.
Ancillary Services for Clinical Research
Tri-City Medical Center's ancillary services to support clinical research include:
- An imaging team that is well-versed in device studies
- A CLIA-certified laboratory, prepared to go the extra mile for Clinical Research Department
- An efficient internal Scientific Review Committee
- An Education Department that is ready to train nurses involved in patient care for research subjects
- A Medical Records Team that is ready to handle any request
- A hospital that is fully equipped to handle electronic data capture
Meeting Your Clinical Trial Needs
Clincial Research Department (CRD)
The CRD at Tri-City Medical Center provides sponsors and investigators with comprehensive support services, research tools, personnel and facilities to conduct or facilitate adult clinical research studies. Members of our CRD team act as research liaisons among our sponsors, contract research organizations (CROs), investigators, laboratories, research pharmacy and necessary departments.
The CRD assists sponsors with investigator identification; study placement within the appropriate division or department; a centralized point of contact for study budgets, contracts, regulatory affairs and participant recruitment; and help to coordinate and/or facilitate pediatric and adult clinical studies conducted at Tri-City Medical Center in either and inpatient or on an outpatient basis with surrounding clinical research sites. The CRD understands sponsors’ needs and is committed to conducting clinical studies with heightened attention to time constraints and budgets.
Research and Treatment Networks and Connections
Tri-City Medical Center’s research expertise extends beyond its internal professional staff, research facility resources and close affiliation with the University of California, San Diego Medicine staff. It has links to a number of large treatment and research networks. Areas include:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Mental health
- Hematology / oncology
We are also linked to independent physicians and practices in the Greater San Diego Area (including the practice-based research network of more than 200 practices). Tri-City Medical Center also has service connections with other regional pediatric care facilities, as well as 15 primary care facilities and outpatient treatment satellites, all of which provide subspecialty care.
Tri-City Medical Center's Clinical Research Department offers these helpful websites for more information:
- Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP) - A nonprofit organization dedicated to educating and informing the public, patients, medical/research communities, the media, and policy makers about clinical research and the role each party plays in the process. Phone: 877-MED-HERO
- ClinicalTrials.gov - A registry of federally and privately supported clincial trials conducted in the United States and around the world.
- Center Watch - Clinical study information and listing service. Phone: 866-219-3440
Disease Specific Resources
Access online glossaries of terms to help with understanding clinical research workds, terms and definitions: