If you are having an emergency, please call 911.
The care you need, when you need it most.
Tri-City Medical Center has more than just an Emergency Room. It has the most technologically advanced Emergency Department in San Diego County.
State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment assures you of excellent care 24 hours a day. Our nationally recognized electronic medical record system means your medical history is available at the touch of a button for instantaneous communication.
Featuring both a Paramedic Base Station and a Heart Attack/Stroke Receiving Center, our Emergency Department treats thousands of patients needing urgent care. We recognize, however, that your time is as important as your health care, so our innovative website gives you actual emergency room wait times. View the Wait times on the right side of this page.
Programs & Services
- 41 Emergency beds for serious injuries and critical illnesses
- 6 Fast Track beds for less acute illnesses and injuries
- State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
- Electronic medical record system for patient safety
- Bedside registration for fast tracking
- San Diego County designated Heart Attack Receiving Center
- Joint Commission designated Primary Stroke Receiving Center
- 2 fully digital cardiac catheterization laboratories
- Dedicated rapid response team for critical cases
- Code sepsis protocol to treat life-threatening infections
- Therapeutic hypothermia care to significantly affect heart attack survival
- Board-certified emergency physicians
- Interventional radiologists
- Registered nurses
- Emergency department technicians
- Scribes assigned to each case, allowing doctors to focus on patient care