Neonatal Intensive Care Unit North County San Diego
Loving, skilled care . . . for our tiniest patients
If your baby has been born prematurely or with health problems, you want the best care available.
Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is among the finest in the region. It's the only Level III NICU in North County.
The 20-bed nursery has sophisticated equipment like specialized isolettes that control a baby's temperature and environment. Our team of experts includes board certified neonatologists, registered nurses and a variety of specialized professionals, all there to give your baby skilled and loving care.
Why Choose Us
Tri-City's NICU staff includes board-certified neonatologists, physicians who specialize in caring for newborns. These highly skilled, caring doctors are onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ensuring both high risk and non-high risk care. Nursery care is provided exclusively by registered nurses and there is a team of dedicated social service providers available to help you with your baby's needs.
- Neonatologists on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Occupational and physical therapists to assist with increasing the level of developmental care
- Dedicated social services for immediate support
- Certified lactation consultant for breastfeeding support
- Neonatal nutritional specialist for support
- Nursing provided exclusively by registered nurses
- Neonatal respiratory therapists
While your baby is getting the highest possible level of care, we also keep the whole family in mind.
- Parents are encouraged to be at baby's bedside as much as possible
- Breastfeeding is encouraged and supported whenever possible
- A comfortable family lounge is adjacent to nursery with warm, comfortable furnishings
- Largest NICU in San Diego's North County
- Comprehensive care for pre-term (26 weeks) to full-term babies
- Multi-disciplinary care team works cohesively to ensure best outcome for your baby