High Quality Care and Excellent Patient Outcomes
Tri-City Medical Center has again earned the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. This award was given in May 2013 because we demonstrated that our stroke care program follows national guidelines and standards that can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients.
This means that Tri-City Medical Center is a Certified Primary Stroke Center and that we provide the highest quality care to our patients who are having a stroke.
In addition, we've earned the Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association's 'Get With the Guidelines' program. With this recognition, Tri-City has been rewarded with the Target:Stroke Honor Roll for rapid stroke care. This award is given by the American Stroke and Heart Associations and certifies 85% or higher adherence to standards and quality care measures. Our doctors and technicians adhere to these proven guidelines to give stroke patients the best chance for positive results.
In fact, Tri-City is the only hospital in North County to offer Interventional Radiology for stroke treatment. This technology allows doctors to pinpoint the exact location of blood clots and use both drugs and mechanical tools to remove them.
Programs & Services
- Award-winning emergency recognition in treatment of strokes
- Top performance in 'door-to-drug', the measurement of crucial minutes between stroke and injection of clot-busting drugs
- Interventional Radiology for stroke treatment
- Stroke education for patients and loved ones
- Good To Go driving program for stroke recovery
- Stroke coordinator
- National Institute of Health (NIH) certified stroke nurses
- Stroke specialty care by physical, occupational, and speech therapists