Good To Go Drive Evaluation Services
Keep People Independent
This comprehensive program assesses your ability to drive safely. Provided by a qualified Occupational Therapist, our objective is safer driving and to provide strategies toward maintaining an active and independent lifestyle.
The Ability to Drive
The ability to drive your car is one of the most important aspects of retaining your independence and mobility. But for many who have experienced a serious injury or illness such as a stroke, or who have lost important motor skills through the aging process, the ability to drive can be in jeopardy. All physicians and surgeons are required to notify the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) of patients who they feel are at risk for unsafe driving, due to their medical condition.
Patients who have experienced:
- Stroke / Brain Injury
- Mild Alzheimer's / Dementia
- Upper / Lower extremity problems or weakness / loss of feeling
- Medical problems related to aging
Good To Go!
Driver Evaluation Services
- Initial standardized Occupational Therapy assessment of cognition, vision, strength and reaction time - approximately 1 hour
- "Behind the wheel" driver evaluation with a certified Driver Rehab Specialist or licensed Occupational Therapist and driving instructor for a duration of 45 min - 1 hour
- Will include an individual plan with driver recommendations
- Referral to applicable transportation and resource list
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and training with qualified driver program.
How much will it cost?
- Most health insurance polices do not cover the cost of these services. Please Call at 760.940.7866 for current pricing / private pay rates.
MD prescription and patient medical history is required prior to receiving Driver Evaluation appointment.