Reasons to Give
Tri-City Medical Center is important to your community, your loved ones and you. Here are some Reasons to Give to your local hospital.
- Hospital District taxes from residents living in the Tri-City area provide only 2.5% of TCMC's annual budget.
- More than 26,000 patients were admitted to Tri-City Medical Center last year-that's an average of more than 50 patients a day and 70,000 patients were cared for in the emergency room. It is the second busiest ER in North County.
- Tri-City Medical Center offers more than 50 different healthcare programs and services, from neonatology to end-of-life care, orthopedics to asthma, cardiology to prevention of workplace injuries.
- Over 2,000 employees and more than 500 physicians are on staff.
- Tri-City Medical Center adds more than $200,000,000 to the local economy annually through its purchases of goods and services.
- Tri-City Medical Center is designated as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, the national accreditation organization
- ...and Tri-City Medical Center is the only hospital in North County to earn the prized Silver Performance Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
- Tri-City is designated as a San Diego County Heart Attack Receiving Center.
- Tri-City is home to the newest digital cardiac catheterization laboratory for advanced heart procedures in North San Diego County.
- Tri-City is home to a certified cardiac rehabilitation program, one of 26 such programs in the state.
- More than 1,600 lab tests are performed at Tri-City every day.
- And more than 10 babies begin life here every day, some of them cared for by the largest neonatal intensive care unit in North County.
- Tri-City Medical Center is a leader in promoting a safer health care environment, using an innovative Bedside Medication Barcoding Initiative. TCMC is among the top 20% of hospitals nationwide using this advanced technology.
- Members of the Auxiliary your friends and neighbors give more than 74,000 hours a year of their time and talent.
- Tri-City Medical Center provides cancer care across a range of specialties.