Vision 2020 Campaign
Tri-City Healthcare District Board gives initial approval to a conceptual plan that could roughly double the size of Tri-City Medical Center.
Vision for the Future is Taking Shape
To continue providing the highest quality patient care, it is clear that Tri-City Medical Center must grow to keep pace with our progressive region. On December 20, 2011, Tri-City’s health district directors gave initial approval to a conceptual plan that could roughly double the size of the hospital campus, attract world-class physicians and nurses, expand its services and enhance the economic vitality and health of the region.
This exciting concept is currently undergoing various studies before being formalized. One of the studies, which Tri-City Hospital Foundation is spearheading, is a feasibility study for philanthropic support. We are working with our donors and the community on this project and welcome your questions and comments at TCHFoundation@TCMC.com.
The illustration here shows what the hospital's campus could look like a decade from now.
A preliminary study suggests that a phased approach would be the most economical way to build a top-notch medical center that would serve our community well into the next century. We are planning for the next generation.
The first phase would include a medical office building (already under construction), a parking lot and a six-story parking structure.
Phase 2 could include construction of a central power plant, an outpatient services building and administrative offices.
Another feature of Phase 2 could be a new hospital building with 144 private intensive care and telemetry rooms, a new state-of-the-art emergency department and a new surgery center.
Phase 3 would add 216 medical/surgical/OB rooms, all private, in a seven-story tower offering an ocean view for many rooms.
Phase 4 would make new use of the current hospital buildings by re-purposing standing departments and opening critical new services that are in demand throughout our community.
What You Should Know:
- Tri-City Medical Center has an exciting vision for the future.
- The vision is driven by the community’s growing need for the highest quality healthcare.
- A conceptual plan for an expanded hospital is being explored and multiple studies are being undertaken.
- The Foundation will lead a study assessing the community’s capacity for philanthropic support.
- Current construction at Tri-City includes a new Medical Office Building and much-needed parking structure which are early steps to improve Tri-City’s facilities and prepare for the future.
- The concept will double the size of the hospital campus, help attract world-class physicians and nurses, allowing Tri-City to expand its services and enhance the economic vitality and health of the region.
- Through Tri-City’s careful fiscal management, the hospital is profitable and plans to reinvest the profits into the new campus vision and advance the vision without taxpayer support.
- The expansion concept will repurpose existing structures on the campus rather than rebuild because this is the most cost-effective strategy from a number of standpoints.