This is a repeating eventAugust 1, 2016 11:30:am
1aug11:30 am- 12:30 pmBasic Life Support (BLS) Skills Testing OnlyTri-City Medical Center is offering Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills for healthcare professionals and Tri-City Medical Center employees.11:30 am - 12:30 pm PST 4002 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA 92056
(Monday) 11:30 am - 12:30 pm PST
Tri-City Medical Center
4002 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA 92056
Education Department(760) 940-3100
Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills Testing Only
HeartCode BLS is for healthcare professionals seeking an alternative method for completing a BLS Provider Course. AHA blended learning courses combine the flexibility of online training with in person skills practice and testing.
Students complete the HeartCode BLS training via the American Heart Association website. This course teaches students BLS knowledge and skills using a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities.
After completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing. Tri-City Medical Center considers the skills portion a challenging course for those whom are proficient in CPR.
Steps to Obtain Your BLS Card:
Online Learning Portion (approximately 2 hours)
- Purchase and complete the “HeartCode BLS” online course through the American Heart Association website at www.onlineaha.org. AHA charges $28.50 for the HeartCode BLS online course.
- Print the completion certificate.
Skills Assessment (approximately 1 hour)
- Sign up for a specific date and time to complete your skills assessment.
- You must bring the completion certificate and picture identification to your skills assessment, or you will not be allowed to complete the skills testing.
- If you have any problems printing your certificate, please contact the Education Department prior to your testing date.
- You will be practicing skills that require working on the floor and having hands-on contact with the manikins and fellow students. If you have any physical conditions that might prevent these activities, please notify the Education Department at 760-940-3100.
The Tri-City American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center provides electronic AHA Course Completion cards. You will be asked to provide an email address. Upon successful completion of the Course, you will be sent an email directing you to the AHA website where you can claim your card. That card will be available for 3 years 24/7. You may also print a certificate and/or wallet card from the website.
Enroll Monday through Friday from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. in the Education Department. For questions, please call 760-940-3100.
Fees & Payment
Registration and payment are required in advance.
- Standard Skills Only Course Fee: $30.00