(Saturday) 8:00 am - 3:30 am PST
Assembly Room 3
4002 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA 92056
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course
This course is not appropriate for people who work in the healthcare field. Healthcare providers need to take the BLS Provider Course. If you are a healthcare professional and/or a Tri-City Medical Center employee, please refer to the BLS or ACLS class schedules.
The American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course is a 7 hour course designed for the rescuer who is required to obtain a course completion card. Participants might include, but are not limited to: teachers, childcare providers, lifeguards, coaches, personal trainers, and security guards.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an American Heart Association Course Completion eCard, valid for two years.
Course skills/topics include:
- Adult/Child 1 rescuer CPR with mask
- Infant 1 rescuer CPR
- Adult, child, and infant choking
- First Aid Basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
What to Bring
To attend this course, you must have the current AHA Provider Manual, 2015 ECC Guidelines, before, during, and after the class. You must bring the manual to class.
- Students must be at least 14 years of age to participate in this class.
- Please wear comfortable clothes to class, as you may be on your knees performing the skills.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified by phone two days before the class and will have the opportunity to attend another date or receive a full refund of the registration fee.
- Arrival: Participants, who arrive more than ten minutes after the class start time, will not be able to attend. Your course fee will not be refunded and you will be required to pay for the class again.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event, we require at least one week’s notice. Please call 760.940.3100, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please note: pre-registration for this class is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Enroll Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the Education Department. For questions, you may call the Education Department at 760.940.3100.
Fees & Payment
Registration & payment are required in advance.
Class & Manual: $70