Targeted Care & Treatment for Lymphedema
As with many non-fatal illnesses, lymphedema care begins at home. When you’re at Tri-City Medical Center, you’ll receive specialized care that’s tailored to your unique symptoms. You and your care team will work together to create a program that focuses on your specific goals, such as:
- Reducing swelling
- Restoring range of motion
- Decreasing skin stiffness or hardening
- Promoting healing of wounds
As part of our program, your treatment could include:
- Stretching and performing light exercises to help lymph fluid drain
- Wearing bandages or compression garments to manage swelling
- Getting massage therapy to move lymph fluid from a swollen area
- Receiving at-home care instructions and education for caregivers
- Following a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables and whole grains
- Participating in a weight loss or weight maintenance plan that includes nutrition and exercise guidance
- Joining support groups, where you’ll find education and peer support for your condition
With treatment, you’ll get back to enjoying your daily activities with less discomfort and pain.
Learn more about lymphedema and how to manage your symptoms and when to contact your doctor.