- Medical School : 1981-1985 UCLA School of Medicine, Medicine
- Residency : 1986-1988 St. Mary Medical Center, Long Beach, Internal Medicine
- Internship : 1985-1986 St. Mary Medical Center, Long Beach, Internal Medicine
- Office Cassidy Medical Group, Part of OptumCare
- Address 145 Thunder Drive
- Phone (760) 941-9002
- Fax (760) 630-5476
Dr. Gary Kobayashi has spent his 27 year medical career practicing Internal Medicine at Tri-City Medical Center since finishing his residency in 1988 at St. Mary Medical Center in Long Beach. He grew up and went to high school in Montebello, California, graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from UCLA, and then earned his medical degree from the UCLA School of Medicine in 1985. He has served at Tri-City Medical Center as Chief, Division of Internal Medicine (1993-1994), and Chairman, Department of Medicine (1994-1995).
Dr. Kobayashi lives in Carlsbad with his wife, where they have raised two children, both of them born at Tri-City Medical Center. He loves time with his family and friends, enjoys swimming, fly-fishing, travel, and is passionate about his music. Dr. Kobayashi plays guitar and keyboards in rock bands, as well as classical piano.
American Board of Internal Medicine