Need Help Now? Dial 9-1-1.
Emergency Room Health Care in San Diego
Contact Tri-City’s Emergency Room — 760.940.3505
Tri-City Medical Center is more than just a hospital – it has the most technologically-advanced Emergency Department in North San Diego County.
State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment ensures you receive excellent care 24- hours a day. Our nationally-recognized electronic medical record system means your medical history is available at the touch of a button for instantaneous communication. Featuring a Paramedic Base Station and a Heart Attack/Stroke Receiving Center, our Emergency Department treats thousands of patients needing the care they need.
Programs & Services
You’ll find specialized care at Tri-City Medical Center for conditions such as:
- 41 Emergency beds for serious injuries and critical illnesses
- 6 Fast Track beds for less acute illnesses and injuries
- State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
- Electronic medical record system for patient safety
- Bedside registration for fast tracking
- North San Diego County designated Heart Attack Receiving Center
- Joint Commission designated Primary Stroke Receiving Center
- 2 fully digital cardiac catheterization laboratories
- Dedicated rapid response team for critical cases
- Code sepsis protocol to treat life-threatening infections
- Therapeutic hypothermia care to significantly affect heart attack survival
Emergency Services Staff
- Board-certified emergency physicians
- Interventional radiologists
- Registered nurses
- Emergency department technicians
- Scribes assigned to each case, allowing doctors to focus on patient care