San Diego Childbirth Hospital
Each pregnancy is different and so is each baby. At Tri-City Medical Center's San Diego childbirth hospital, our goal is to make every pregnancy and birth experience a special and positive memory to cherish forever. We provide high quality care in a comfortable, home-like setting.
Our state-of-the-art technology and award-winning professionals provide the best possible care for you and your baby, whether you are having a natural childbirth or are a high-risk delivery. Our San Diego childbirth hospital works with you and your doctor to plan a birth experience that ensures you and your baby are cared for every step of the way.
Maternity Hospital in San Diego County
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at our San Diego maternity hospital is ready for infants who need advanced care, and we have four neonatologists, who specialize in caring for newborns, in the hospital 24 hours a day for your baby's special needs. In fact, we have the second largest neonatal unit in San Diego County (second only to Rady Children's Hospital). In addition, operating rooms are close to delivery rooms so you are in the best of care.
Our San Diego maternity hospital is always dedicated to caring for you and your growing family in a warm, comforting environment.
Prepare for Your Baby's Arrival
Our San Diego childbirth center, a part of the Beatrice Riggs French Women's Center, offers a complete program of childbirth services to help you and your family get ready for your new baby.
New Parent Services
- Breastfeeding classes and weekly support groups
- Phone support, called "Warm-Line," for questions by new moms/dads
- Pediatrician referral services
- Car seat education and information
- "Baby Track" program to keep immunizations on schedule
- Monthly, bilingual pamphlets mailed to all new moms
- Online photos of the newborn posted for family and friends to view
- Monthly mailings with reminders and updates of educational classes
- OB/GYN physicians
- Neonatologists on site 24/7
- Certified lactation consultants to help with breastfeeding
- Over 100 registered nurses (RN's) and licensed vocational nurses (LVN's)
- 35 support staff members
- Obstetric anesthesiologists
- Family-centered Labor & Delivery suites
- Recliner/sleeper for partner to stay overnight
- Nearby operating rooms that are dedicated exclusively to obstetrics
- Nursery care for babies who need extra attention
- Comfortable lounge for waiting friends and family
- Secure, monitored unit to ensure the safety of you and your baby