San Diego Robotic Surgery Services
What is Robotic Surgery?
Has your doctor recommended surgery for you? Worried about how to fit a procedure into your busy life?
You might be a candidate for a treatment option known as robotic surgery. It can get you back to your life in no time.
By integrating computer-enhanced technology with the surgeon’s skill, a Robotic System enables surgeons to perform precise, minimally invasive surgery in a manner never before experienced to enhance healing and promote well-being.
Benefits of Robotic Surgery
The patient may benefit from reduced bleeding, less pain, smaller risk of internal scarring, shorter hospital stay and a shorter recovery.
- Faster recovery and return to normal activities
- Less pain
- Less scarring
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less radiation exposure - Mazor (See Graphic Data)
We are the only hospital in San Diego to offer two unique, state-of-the-art systems for minimally invasive surgery:
|Navio Surgical System by Blue Belt Technologies
Minimally invasive surgery for partial knee replacement.
Learn more about Navio
Conditions We Treat
- Hysterectomy (removal of uterus)
- Myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroids)
- Uterine or vaginal vault prolapse
- Radical hysterectomy
- Ovarian Cystectomy (removal of ovarian cyst)
- Oophorectomy (removal of ovary)
- Salpingostomy (removal of Fallopian tube)
- Prostate cancer
- Urinary obstruction
- Kidney cancer
- Kidney disorders
- Partial nephrectomy (kidney removal)
- Radical nephrectomy (kidney removal)
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal deformities
- Instability of the spine
- Compression fractures
- Spinal tumors
- Pinched nerves in the spine
*Some spine surgeries can be performed with our new Mazor robotic guidance system.
- Heart bypass
- Lung resection
- Thymectomy (removal of thymus gland)
- Mediastinal tumors
- Epicardial lead implantation
- Gallbladder disease
- Nissen fundaplication (treatment for GERD, reflux disease)